Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Reflection: The Season That Could Have Been

Right now we are well into the summer and what some call, the slow period in sports. I would agree with that to an extent. Basketball and football are in the offseason and baseball is working it way to the All Star break in July. The Stanley Cup has been quite enjoyable so far...that's a plus. But, I was feeling nostalgic this afternoon and though many of you might be feeling the same. My thoughts hearkened back the NCAA Tournament and the number one overall seed...my Louisville Cardinals and the disappointment of not making the Final Four. I thought for sure we would meet UNC in the finals on our way to hanging a (long overdue) third banner in Freedon Hall. Nontheless, it was a great year to watch the Cards as they garnered the Big East regular season and conference titles. Looking for a trip down memory lane? Enjoy...

No comments: